It is our intention to make our nursery genuinely accessible to children and families from all sections of the community.
In order to accomplish this we will:
- Arrange our waiting list taking age and availability into consideration.
- Make our equal opportunities widely known.
- Try to accommodate the children’s family’s needs when ever possible.
- Ensure that the existence of the nursery is widely known in all local communities. We will place notices advertising the nursery in places where all sections of the community can see them.
Settling in Policy
At Happi Feet, we want children to feel safe and happy in the absence of their parents, to recognise other adults as a people they can trust and have confidence in, people who will help them and who will build a relationship with their parents. We want the children in our care to be able to share with their parents afterwards the new learning experiences enjoyed in the nursery.
In order to accomplish this, we will:
- Encourage the parents to take up the offer of settling in visits in the month before an admission is planned.
- Make clear to families from the outset that they will be supported for as long as it takes to settle their child.
- Reassure parents whose child seems to be taking a long time to settle into the nursery by offering support and advice.
- Encourage parents, where appropriate, to separate from their children for brief periods at first, gradually building up to longer absences.
Staff will be honest in sharing with parents about how their child has been during their settling in visit.
- Children cannot play or learn successfully if they are anxious or unhappy.
Our settling procedures aim to help parents to help their children to feel comfortable in the nursery, to benefit from what it has to offer and to be confident that parents will return at the end of the session.
Please click here to download our Nursery registration form.